Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chinese Fun Class: Basic Lesson 2

Before the start of lesson 2, I did some revision on lesson 1 with her.

The words she learned from lesson 1 were:
大(big), 小(small), 人(human), 头(head), 哭(cry), 笑(smile)

The sound:
大(da4), 小(xiao3), 人(ren2), 头(tou2), 哭(ku1), 笑(xiao4)

These words are easier to be visualised, she thus has no problem in memorising the words.

We played a game where I showed her the word cards and she did the action according to the word cards, her daddy would guess the words from her actions. I would ask her whether her daddy had guessed correctly. It was very fun to play and all of us had good laugh from it.

Lesson 2
The words she learned in this lesson were:
鼻(nose), 口(mouth), 耳(ear), 目(eye), 眉(eyebrown), 手(hand)

The sound:
鼻(bi2), 口(kou3), 耳(er3), 目(mu4), 眉(mei2), 手(shou3)

I arranged the pictures in front of her, let her familiarised with the pictures first.


I arranged the word cards beside the corresponding pictures, as I find it easier to explain the words to her:


When I explained 口(mouth), I told her:
这是口,你看mummy的口开得大大的,是不是跟这个字很像?
(You can open your mouth widely and tell her that it looks like the word 口(mouth).

When I explained 目(eye), I told her:
把这个字倒着看,是不是很像眼睛?
(this word looked like the eye when u let it lie down side way)

When I explained 眉(mei2), I told her:
眼睛(目)上面有撇东西是什么?
(What is above your eye? and point to the eye brown)

I mixed the cards and let her arranged it to the correct pictures:

She got a few wrong, I explained to her again and told her to try.

This is what she had arranged the second time:


I pointed to the words and she read the words:

Obviously she couldn't remember the words yet.

The words in lesson 2 are more difficult to her. I tried to show her few times throughout the week. I do not intend to make it a formal lesson for her, and meanwhile we continue to read some simple stories in Chinese. I shall post on her reading in Chinese soon.

Source: 二三快读

If you like my Chinese Fun Class, please like the facebook page "learn the fun way" for more updates.
Do refer to the labels on the right hand side for other English fun classes.

Development age: 2 years 11 mths
(every kid learns on his or her own pace, this is just a milestone of my girl as a guideline)

List of my Chinese Fun Clases:
1) Basic lesson 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Learn By The Fun Way!

Learning can be fun! Learning can be easy!

This blog is about a mother trying to bring joys and happiness to her kids while accompanying them in their learning journey......
You may read more here.

You're welcome to have healthy discussion here, do post your comments on my articles and share with me your views, leave me your contact or blog address!

If you like my fun classes, please like my Facebook page of "Learn The Fun Way"!
 

Learn The Fun Way Copyright © 2011 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template and web hosting